Hi everyone! I’m back again with another recipe to share with you guys! I made this last night for my family before we headed out to the Pasadena Art Night. I wanted to make something quick and easy, as usual. It was a warm day, and I didn’t want to make anything that will make me dread cooking. I wanted to make something cool and refreshing.
So, I came up with this recipe called
Cold Soba & Cucumber Noodle Salad w/ Sesame Dressing
– 2 bundles of Soba (buckwheat noodles)
-1 large seedless cucumber
-1 tbsp olive oil
-3 tbsp sesame oil
-3 tbsp honey
-3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (adjust to taste)
1) Cook soba noodles according to package directions
2) While that is cooking use a spiralizer to make cucumber noodles. I used the Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer .
3) Set aside cucumber in the fridge. Drain cooked soba, and set aside also in the fridge to cool
4) To make the dressing: combine the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
5) Whisk all together until the honey has dissolved.
6) Combine cucumber, soba, and dressing. Toss everything together and transfer to a serving bowl.
7) Chill in the fridge for an hour, then it will be ready to serve!
I made the soba salad as a side dish for my husband and I to accompany the Baked Teriyaki Salmon that I made. For my son, I made him fried brown rice w/ veggies as a side dish, as well.
Baked Teriyaki Salmon:
-1 lb salmon fillet
– 1 cup Trader Joe’s Soyaki Dressing
1) In a shallow bowl, combine Soyaki w/ Salmon. Massage the dressing on the fish to fully coat.
2) Cover bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for an hour.
3) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
4) Transfer salmon and all of the dressing on a non-stick baking sheet or pyrex. Line with aluminum foil if you do not have a non-stick sheet.
5) Bake for 15 minutes, until you the sauce caramelize.
Viola! Here was my son’s dinner last night! He loves salmon, so he never has a problem eating it.
I hope you guys try this recipe out! If you do, tell me how it goes and if you like it!!
Til Next Time,