*This post contains affiliate links*
Hi everyone! I’ve been meaning to write this post for quite sometime now.
Many of you have DM’d askingwhat my current skincare routine is. My skin is no where near perfect, and I am still in search of products that work well with my sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I struggled with acne as a teen, and I was so self-conscious about it. Fortunately, my mom is an esthetician. So, she always recommends amazing products for me to u would get free facials very often, but I don’t because we don’t live near each other. So…I got to take care of my skin on my own!
Before I start, I just want to clarify that these are the products that work best for me, and it may not work well for you. My opinions are just based off of what worked well for my skin, and what I can afford. Also, please first consult your dermatologist or skincare specialist before trying any of these products. Please also use your best judgement when trying these products to see if it will work well for you too. Furthermore, if you are pregnant please do not use any products that contain salicylic acid in them. Please refer this website for more information.
Okay, now let’s get started!!
My skin type: Combination Oily & Dry
Dry: Winter time especially around my cheeks
Oily: Summer time especially on my t-zone
I am an ultimate beauty and skincare junkie. I love buying new affordable products and testing them out. I have gone through years and years searching products that work well for me. So..I have broken it down 2 sets of products that I have loved and used on a daily basis. I use both drugstore and high-end products.
For the High-End Products, I Use:
Bio Jouvance is only available online or through me! E-mail me if you’d like to order or for more information.
Boscia is available in department stores and Sephora.
These are the products I use 90% of the time, and is part of my daily routine. I have been using the Bio Jouvance products the past 3 months, and the Clarisonic Mia2 & Boscia Oil for more than 2 years.
The M.O.M.’s Skincare Routine:
1) No matter how late it is or how tired I am, I always and without a doubt remove all of my make-up! It’s a must! Sometimes I use baby wipes, but I like using Target’s Up & Up cleansing towelettes and eye makeup remover.
2) I cleanse my face twice daily with Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Cleansing System and Bio Jouvance Clarifying Gel Cleanser 5% AHA. This foaming gel cleanser contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA), formulated to help dissolve dead cells, make-up residue and debris from the surface of the skin and to deep-cleanse pores without drying or irritating the skin.
Clarisonic Mia2: Hands down the best beauty investment I have ever made. This baby is $150+ , but totally worth it! Does not irritate my skin, nor does it leave it dry. Instead, it keeps my skin feeling smooth, and it really digs out all the dirt in my pores. It makes skin feel so healthy! Only thing I hate is buying replacement head brushes! Brush heads are to be replaced every 3 months, and it can be quite costly! However, it’s important to replace the brush heads to be able to see fantastic results and to be able to use it to it’s full potential. I highly recommend this product!!!
Clarifying Gel Cleanser: Where has this been all my life?!! So gentle, yet it works absolutely phenomenal on my skin! I wear a lot of make-up when I go out, and during the Summer I sweat A LOT. However, using this product really resets my face, and deep-cleanse my pores to the max! Also, it prevents breakouts. I love love love it! I also highly recommend this product!!
3) Twice a week after I cleanse, I use a mask called Camphor Masque which is a therapeutic, antiseptic masque with healing properties to help normalize oily complexions and control breakouts. I leave this on for about 15 minutes then I rinse my face with a wash cloth and warm water. I love this product because it’s not harsh on my skin, nor does it dry it. Furthermore, it prevents the onset of breakouts, so that’s a major plus in my book. Only thing I wish the company changed about this was the smell. The smell is tolerable, but it smells too much like baking soda sometimes. Other than that, this is one of my Holy Grail products!
4) After, I use the Bio Jouvance Hydrating Toner to help restore and maintain skin’s ideal pH and hydration levels. Also, to ensure all make-up, dirt, and left over mask residue are gone. I like this product, but I do not love it. I like toners that leave me a tingly, fresh and squeeky clean feeling. This product, however, leaves it clean and moisturized but doesn’t give me the tingly & refreshed feeling.
5) Lastly, I moisturize my skin with two items, Boscia Tsubaki Oil (Day & Night) and Bio Jouvance Hydrating Day Cream (Day). It’s very important to add SPF to your daily skincare routine, especially when using products that contains salicylic acid, retinoid, AHA, and benzoyl peroxide. Using SPF will protect your skin from UVB damaging your skin. Also, it will protect it from premature skin aging and the risk of skin cancer.
Boscia Tsubaki Oil: This product is light weight and smells amazing. I use this twice a day to keep my skin hydrated, as well as, to reduce the appearance of dark spots or acne scars. Best to use this during Fall & Winter season. It is on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way! This bottle lasts me
a little less than a year.
Bio Jouvance Hydrating Day Cream: Amazing product if you’re into a light weight moisturizer that will not make your face oily & keep your face hydrated all day! This product will not clog your pores either, and it smells great! It also mixes really well with my foundation and face primer. It does not leave my face oily when wearing foundation, so it’s a plus!
For the days I tend to break out (mostly during the time of the month), I still need to find a really good topical on-the-spot acne treatment. I have used a few that just does not work. Also, I need to buy another eye cream to use day & night. I used to use Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream, but I ran out! I love that product, as well.
10% of the time, I like to switch it up with other products too. Mostly they are the ones that are very affordable. You can find these products at your local drugstore, or Ulta. I use these drugstore products the same way as I use the high-end products above. I recommend these products for those who want a cheaper alternative to the products I mentioned above.
-I have found Biore products more effective in fighting/preventing 75% of my pimples than any other drugstore brand. I tend to break out during the Summer due to a lot of sweat. So, I use Biore products more during Summer season.
-However, using a lot of salicylic acid on my face can be very drying, and when out in the sun it cane create dark spots, so I need a good moisturizer w/ SPF. The amount of SPF in the Cetaphil moisturizer is also a little higher than Bio Jouvance’s, so I love that. It’s really important to wear a moisturizer with SPF 15 during hot sunny days.
-The Freeman Clay Mask is an amazing product for less than $5 and is great to use at least twice a week. It helps take out the dirt from my pores, without drying my face. Did I mention that it’s less than $5?! Steal!
Last and most important step of my skincare routine is…..drinking a LOT of water! Drinking plenty of water and getting a good night’s rest should be the most important step of your every day routine. It really does affect your skin’s overall hydration and appearance too. I know many of us moms don’t get enough sleep, but still drink a lot of water!
Just for reading this post, you get to see my bare face! No make-up and all! On the left I’m using the Camphor Masque & on the right I just cleansed my face!
I am selling the Bio Jouvance products if you are interested! Just e-mail me for questions and pricing!
I hope you found this post interesting and helpful! Please leave a comment below if you have used any of these products before and what your skincare routine is! I love to know!
Til Next Time,