As a mommy, we tend to gravitate towards things that are simple, fast, and easy. Not only with the recipes we cook, but also the products we use. Same goes for the makeup products I use. During my pre-mommy days I used to be more experimental with makeup and rock colorful eyeshadows, but now I feel like less is more. I spend more time concealing and creating a “flawless” complexion than I do blending a “smokey eye”.
The cosmetic products in my makeup bag are always changing and rotating depending on the season. During the Spring and Summer I use CC creams and bronzers more, and liquid foundations and blushes less However, during Fall and Winter, it is the opposite. Today, I wanted to share with you my current favorites and what’s currently in my bag and why!
These items are what I’m currently loving, and what I would bring with me on vacation or whenever I’m on the go.
I can’t leave the house without having my eyebrows “on” (LOL) I feel like eyebrows are the frames of my face. For my brows I like to use:
1. Anastaisa Brow Wiz in Chocolate: I use this product to first line and shape my eyebrows.
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills- Brush Duo (#12) : I use the spoolie side to comb through my brows and blend the products I use together. The brush end is what I use to apply the brow powder. I can’t live without this brush!
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Caramel: This is the color that best suits me. I use the darker shade for the outer half of my brows, the lighter shade for the inner part of my brows, and I mix both shades for the middle part.
4. I lastly set my eyebrows with Anastasia Beverly Hills- Clear Brow Gel to make sure they stay in place and last all day long.
Here’s a quick guide on how I do my brows!
I rarely wear any eyeshadow daily, and I mostly just curl & wear mascara on my lashes. If I do use eye products I love:
1. MAC Pressed Pigment in Deeply Dashing: I love this product because I don’t need to apply eye primer or use a make-up brush to apply it. I just simply use my fingers and build up it’s intensity. It’s also perfect for both day & night time. I highly recommend every lady to have this in their makeup bag!
2. Eyeko Visual Eyes Liquid Eyeliner in Ebony: If you’re on the go, and want to create a fast & easy winged eyeliner, this is the product for you. It’s easy to use, and glides on smoothly. It also does not fade away throughout the day. Stays put, but easy to remove with a makeup remover wipe.
3. MUJI Eyelash Curler : I’ve tried many eyelash curlers and this one works best my teeny tiny eye lashes. It’s a Japanese brand that can be found at Asian markets, such as, Marukai, Mitsuwa, or Daiso Japan.
4. L’oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara: Lately this mascara has been the only one keeping my tiny lashes curled. It doesn’t weigh them down and stays on all day long. It also does not get clumpy and separates all my hairs.
This section is the longest because this is the longest step of my makeup application process! lol I am always in search of the best of the best that works the best for me (I know too many best lol) These are my must-haves and gotta haves to hide away the dark circles and tiredness under my eyes.
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer: If you want really smooth and “flawless” looking skin, I highly recommend this primer. It’s the best primer I have ever used and own. It creates a smooth finish on my face and blends absolutely well with my foundation.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Foundation: I have tested and searched numerous liquid foundations and I always end with this product. There’s really nothing else that works well my skin than this one. I really love and highly recommend it to all. It’s light-weight and doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything. It’s also long-lasting, medium to full coverage, and gives you that “glow”. Also, it has demi-matte finish so you really don’t need to use a setting powder.
3. NYX Cosmetics Concealer: I’m always on the search for a really good concealer that’s affordable (less than $6), and I think I’ve found it. I’ve been using this product for about 3 months now, and I really like. It does not get “cakey”, but does provide full coverage. It will also give you a good highlight.
4. COVER FX Pressed Mineral Foundation: If I’m in a rush and don’t have time prime or use liquid foundation I sweep this product all over my face and I’m good to go. It provides light-medium coverage, but it’s definitely buildable. It’s also light-weight and doesn’t make your face feel “cakey”. If you have oily skin and use this product you’re going to have to “touch up” and reapply often because it is light weight. I highly recommend this product for busy moms on the go. It doesn’t clog your pores either!
5.MAC Blush Powder in Prism: This is my favorite blush because it gives me “blushed” looking cheeks of course, but also acts as a contour powder at the same time! I no longer need to use a contour powder then a blush! This kills 2 birds with 1 stone! I love it so much, and it will not leave my makeup bag at all! For medium to medium-dark skin tone ladies, you’re going to look at this blush and say “this will not suit me because it’s too light”. But, trust me when I say it’s not true at all! It will show up on your skin and give you a really nice color. Also, the intensity of the color is buildable!
6.Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: This sponge is way better than a Beauty Blender, and much more affordable too! Let’s just say you can buy 3 of these for the price of 1 Beauty Blender! I use this to apply my liquid foundation and to blend in my concealer.
7. EcoTools Tapered Blush Brush: The softest and the most affordable makeup brushes out in the market (in my opinion). I love this brush and have been using this line for more than 5 years!
Aside from using a lip balm on the daily, I only have 2 favorite lip products at the moment. I am obsessed with matte lips and these 2 products are everything!
1.Maybelline New York Creamy Matte Lip Color, Touch of Spice: This lipstick is amazing! It’s affordable (less than $10), highly pigmented, and absolutely beautiful on the lips. The color (Touch of Spice) is the perfect natural looking and everyday lipstick.
2. Dose of Color Liquid Lipstick in Berry Me: OMG, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SOOOO MUCH!! I really can’t put into words how amazing this product is! When you first apply it, it’s creamy so that it can smoothly glide on and blend with your lips. Then after a few minutes, it dries up to a matte finish and stays on ALL DAY LONG! I most especially love this color, it’s definitely unique and make you feel so sexy when you wear it! Every woman has to have at least one lipstick that will make you feel so sexy, and this is mine! I highly recommend!
These are the beauty products I recommend and currently love! Let me know if you use any of these products and what you think of them! What’s in your makeup bag? I would love to see! If you post one up, comment below so I can see it!
Have an awesome and beautiful day!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase after clicking on the link, The Memoirs of a Mommy will earn a very small commission. This does not affect any product pricing for you. Read more about it on my disclosure page.