For this week’s #InstaWeanTeam / #TastyToddlerMeals challenge our key ingredient is Brussels Sprouts. This week, I made a Shrimp & Brussesl Sprouts Stir Fry! So easy to make, and so delicious! You never have to buy takeout again!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb shrimp
1 medium onion (sliced to thin pieces)
1 lb Brussels sprouts
2 medium zucchini
1/2 red bell pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic
Stir Fry Sauce:
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce/tamari
2 tbsp low sodium/light oyster sauce
1 tsp chili garlic sauce (sambal oelek)
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
1. Chop all veggies, set aside. Chop brussels sprouts in to shreds.
2. For the sauce, combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk until well incorporated, set aside.
3. On a large wok, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil
4. It will heat up very quick, add in onions and garlic right away. Cook 1-2 minutes.
5. Add zucchini, red bell pepper, and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is starting to turn pink.
6. Add sauce, mix, then immediately add brussels sprouts.
7. Cook for approximately 3 minutes then turn off heat. I like the sprouts to stay crunchy.
Enjoy! Make sure to follow me on Instagram to keep up to date with what I’m cooking up for #TastyToddlerMeals! I upload every Thursday 🙂
3 thoughts on “Easy Shrimp & Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry”
Danica, this looks delicious! I love shrimp & Brussel sprouts, definitely going to have to try this! Love that I can make this a gluten free dish by using gluten free shoyu!
I love Brussels sprouts and shrimp! Super yum!
I would never have thought about cooking Brussels sprouts with Shrimp. Your recipe looks great and, easy to make. I like the way you cut up the Brussels sprouts!!