This week’s #InstaWeanTeam challenge ingredient is: AVOCADO! I loooove avocados. Sweet or savory, this vegetable is so healthy and so delicious.
Some facts about avocado:
– They lower bad cholesterol
– High in omega-3 fatty acids
– Rich in fiber
– They’re gluten free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian and cholesterol-free
I have a really picky toddler who used to love avocados when it was introduced to him as his first food, but now, it’s really hard getting him to eat it by itself. So, I made it with rice. It’s easy, simple, healthy, and very yummy. A great way to “hide” the veggies. Also, this would make a great side to liven up taco night.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- A dash of smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add cilantro, garlic, cumin, and avocado in a bowl.
- Mash avocado and mix ingredients together.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, and lime juice and mix.
- Add cooked brown rice and mix until well incorporated.
This is so fast and easy, your family will definitely love this! Let me know if you make it, and use the hashtag #InstaWeanTeam #TasyToddlerMeals so that I can see your recreation! Also, follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/InstaWeanTeam to see all of our avocado recipes!