I’ve been craving something hearty lately, so I decided to experiment in the kitchen with some herbs and chicken. For dinner, we’re having a Creamy Baked Chicken with Vegetables.
- 6 free range chicken thighs
- 3 medium organic carrots
- 5 stalks organic celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 16 cremini mushrooms
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of thyme, rosemary, and sage
- 1 can Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Chop vegetables into 2 inch pieces
- Heat large pan w/ EVOO, once it’s hot add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and herbs. Cook for 10 minutes and until fragrant.
- Once onions are translucent, add mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Once mushrooms are soft, add chicken on top of the vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip to the other side, and season again. Cook for another 5 minutes, add juice of 1 lemon. Then mix everything together. Turn off heat.
- In a small sauce pan under medium-low heat, mix cream of mushroom and chicken stock together until well incorporated and there are no more lumps. Turn off heat.
- In a large casserole dish, transfer chicken and vegetables then pour cream of mushroom & stock mix on top.
- Cover with foil, and bake in oven under 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let it sit for 5-7 minutes before serving to lock in all the juices.
Serve with rice or a salad. Enjoy!