This week’s #InstaWeanTeam theme is: Mother’s Day Brunch
When I think of brunch, I think of my favorite brunch spot in LA called Blu Jam Cafe. I love their crunchy french toast. It’s always such a long wait to get a table, so I would rather make my own, with a little twist.
So, this week I made Crunchy Coconut Mango French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey bunches of oats or unsweetened corn flakes
- 1 mango
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and mix in milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together coconut and honey bunches of oats.
- Warm up coconut oil or butter on a pan under medium-low heat
- Dip each slice of bread into egg then into coconut mix
- Cook on pan until both sides are golden brown and crispy
- Top with fresh mango slices and drizzle maple syrup if desired!
Enjoy! Check out the rest of the team’s Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas on our Facebook page, HERE!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY! xoxo